Life on the Rock

Sunday, September 17, 2006

First Month of School


I have never been so ready to start school. Yes, I live in paradise and the beaches are beautiful but, I feel I am here to do a job. I am desperate to do that job well and get back to the states as soon as possible. Classes started about two weeks ago and I have never worked so hard in my life. They weren't kidding when they said that you will put in 14 hour days during the week and 16 hour days on the weekends. I have been lucky enough to meet two girls that seem to have the same focus and motivation I do. Teresa is from Minnesota and Krista is the New Yorker (oh, and don't forget Rockstar her pug). We tend to spend most of our time together...studying, stressing out, and the one night of week...cocktails!! We have given ourselves Fridays to cut a little loose but come Saturday morning it is books again. It is somewhat surprising to me that Vet students party as hard as they do. I guess it shouldn't be... work hard, play harder right?? We start our first round of exams this week we will see if the work will pay off. So far I am enjoying the program. Ross University is known for its high amount of hands on. We are not a research facility therefore the professors are easily accessible and enjoy getting to know their students. Hopefully this first round of exams goes well!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home